Thanks to the Friends of the Peter White Public Library, PWPL is excited to announce a new community resource. Digitization equipment was purchased with the goal of helping people digitize personal and community memory. The hardware and software has been installed in the north balcony of the library. It features equipment to digitize photographs, oversize photographs and documents, slides, negatives, and certain video formats.
· Patrons may bring their own USB or external hard drives or save materials to their cloud storage. We also sell flash drives, DVDs, and CDs at the library.
- M-Th 10 am- 2 pm & 3:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- F-S 10 am- 2pm
· Checkout period is up to 4 hours per session.
· We recommend making an appointment, but the Memory Lab is first come, first serve if available.
· Users must be a PWPL card holder in good standing (fines under $25.00).
· Users must be over the age of 17. Youth ages 12-17 must be accompanied by an adult.
· Patrons who damage or steal equipment will be banned from future reservations and will be required to pay restitution and/or be subject to criminal prosecution.
· NO FOOD or drink allowed in the Memory Lab.
How-to: 1. Book an appointment online: https://form.jotform.com/220453852187054
2. Arrive to your first session 15 minutes early. Check in with staff.
3. Staff will point you to the Memory Lab.
4. Refer to the Reference Desk or Binder located in the Memory Lab for step-by-step instructions, available both in-print and on the computer.
5. Patrons will please delete their files from the Memory Lab computer after they have saved their work elsewhere.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 906-226-4311/4312