It’s Ladies’ Week in Marquette, Michigan. In years past, that has meant downtown stores filled to the brim, lots of sales, and lots of laughs with friends. Like many other things, Ladies’ Week won’t be the same as it has been in years past. Hopefully, we will still be out supporting local businesses as we are able. However, just because we can’t have our traditional Ladies’ Week, it doesn’t mean that we have to give up treating ourselves this year.
Treat Yourself During Ladies’ Week
If 2020 has taught us anything, it’s that we all need to give ourselves a break. In the spirit of treating yourself during the pandemic, Peter White Public Library would like to offer some ways for you to treat yourself this week! Here are some fun ideas.
- Have the family bake you a cake. If you’re like most ladies we know, you spent plenty of hours in the kitchen during the pandemic. Why not let the kids cook for you? You can even make it fun by checking out one of our cake pans. There are a plethora of options.
- Shop at the Friends’ Used Bookstore. Anytime is a good time for a bargain, and some of these books are like new. Whether you are looking for gifts for under the tree or need a new read, the Friends’ bookstore has lots of options for readers of all types. You can even find music and DVDs there.
- Take some pictures. Families are notoriously difficult to get together for family pictures. However, the idea of a retro Polaroid may change even the most reluctant model. All you have to do is splurge on some film, then check out one of our Polaroids from the Library of Things. You’ll find lots of silly ones there, too – a sure way to keep the kids interested.
- Binge a TV series. Since the pandemic, we’ve expanded our digital library as well as the DVD options that we have available. From the intense Line of Duty to the sci-fi fun of Stranger Things, if you are in the mood to sit back and binge a TV show, we have you covered. There’s something for every kind of watcher on our shelves.
- Redecorate the house. While we can’t help you with all the actual decorations, we do offer plenty of books on house design and architecture. There are lovely seed starters available for your window sill. When you’re ready to change up the prints on the wall, come by PWPL. You can check out art prints for up to two months. We have a varied selection. You could have a new living room every other month and avoid the boredom of quarantine.
Find Time for Yourself During Ladies’ Week
As most of us know, Ladies’ Week doesn’t mean we have any extra time to slow down, but maybe it’s a good idea to make some. As the saying goes, when in doubt – go to the library. It’s as true during our current semi-quarantine as it ever was. If you need recommendations, there’s always someone to ask. And we all love telling patrons about our favorite new reads or TV shows. Relax with a good book, and remember that Ladies’ Week is about more than shopping. Celebrate yourself and find ways to recharge during these crazy times.