To obtain a passport, please make an appointment with the reference department by calling 906-226-4311.
As a Passport Acceptance Agency for the U.S. Department of State, reference staff can aid the public in the process of obtaining a U.S. Passport. Applications are available at the library or online at travel.state.gov. Also available are other necessary forms for lost passports, parental consent, change of name, etc.
For full requirements, please call 906-226-4311, or check on travel.state.gov
Requirements for a new passport application include:
- Completed DS-11 (available at the library)
- Original or certified copy of U.S. Birth Certificate*
- Photograph that meets all State Department specifications.
- The library DOES NOT take passport photos. They can be taken Marquette Wallpaper & Paint OR Walgreens
- Picture I.D. for identification purposes
- Check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State (no cash or card)
- $110 for a passport book for individuals 16 years of age and older
- $80 for a passport book for children under 16 years of age
- Fee of $35 per passport application for processing fee to PWPL in check, cash, or credit card (effective April 2, 2018)
Expedited passports and other services require additional fees. Please call 906-226-4311 with questions.
All applicants, regardless of age, must appear when a passport application is presented to PWPL staff for processing.
Both parents must appear and sign for applications of children under 16 years of age.
*Foreign-born requirements differ. Please call 906-226-4311 for information.
For current information on traveling in foreign countries and to access forms you can download from home, go to www.travel.state.gov.